Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 104

Thread: Miami-Florida game thread

  1. #81
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Care to tell us which ones you got wrong over the same period of time, Senor El-Righto?

    That's what I thought. Just because you picked two upsets (that I also picked--big fargin whoop) doesn't make you a football genius...and it doesn't make me wrong in this instance either. </div></div>
    Maybe not, but until they invent a 20 point play, Miami had NO CHANCE to beat UF on Saturday...bad call or not. Cry about it a lil more won't ya.</div></div>

    Why would they have needed a 20-point play down 9-3 had that call gone the way it was supposed to go??? That's the simple point you're still not getting at all.

    Conceding any point on this call to me means that the <u>SEC Officials</u> got this one wrong. I don't expect to change your mind--I know your motivations here.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  2. #82
    Inactive Member oakland_raiders's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    1,204
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    if florida doesnt play better than that then omg my dawgs will have a hay day with them when knowshon, caleb king, masaquai, stafford, and aj green come rolling in to jacksonville
    2006 Chick-Fil-A Bowl Champions
    Hokies 24 Bulldogs 31

    R.I.P. UgaVI 1999-2008
    "Damn good dog!"

  3. #83
    Inactive Member
    Miami-Florida game thread


    aoa_stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2006
    Posts
    880
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    I'm ready for an undefeated show down in week 5 [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]

  4. #84
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    My take on it? When you invest your time and money into something,it does become "We". I get down the road for saying "We" too,but you don't have to be an alum to say it. You pay your money to see them,spend your money on merchandise..etc. Schools have to have that revenue to survive,and all of the "We's" like us make that happen. If alums were all that were allowed/welcomed in the stadium,there'd be no game [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] But the coolest part of it all is that we really don't have to justify shat to anybody (their problem,not ours)


    As for the ECU upset over VT? That was a common pick. ECU was coming off an 8-win season with everybody back,and the Hokies were away from the friendly confines of Lane.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  5. #85
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    WOW! have you been that impressed with Georgias first 2 games?? I know the votes of the AP Poll sure havn't while dropping Georgia a spot and moving Florida up a spot with our 2 victories. And you of all people should know that a Georgia victory over Florida don't happen all that often, your 1 victory every 10 years or so has already happened this decade.
    "Why so serious?"

  6. #86
    Inactive Member
    Miami-Florida game thread


    aoa_stripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 5th, 2006
    Posts
    880
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    My lock pick of the year actually was Fla beating Georgia. I would about bet the farm on that game.
    I'm still twiddling my thumbs waiting anxiusly for the BAMA / GA game week 5. The overtime thriller last year left me heart broken, and I have been waiting patiently for a year now.
    [img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a394/rayscheer159/rolltide.jpg[/img]

  7. #87
    Inactive Member neutral88's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2007
    Posts
    2,568
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoeburnCane</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you choose to invest in something that has never yeilded anything to you that is your choice....But the fact is you didn't call a play or strap on a pad down there, and if I were betting, didn't even go to a single class down there, and have no degree from there, thus have no ties to Da U....</div></div>

    I was offered an academic scholly to go to UM, but decided to stay near home--so I do have a small connection there. I wanted to go, but did not want to get into a financial hole for me or my family, because even with schollies--it's still an expensive private school. I was not good enough in football or any other sport to strap on a pad, swing a bat, or shoot a jumpshot for any of Miami's teams. I understand that completely.

    But you know what? I have several other ties to Miami. I've followed them for over 20 years of my life, and I've been loyal to that team as my favorite college football team for that long. It's yielded me some life-long friendships, the joy of watching 5 national titles being won in my lifetime (not counting the 4 baseball titles in my lifetime either), and I've met many players and their families who have shown me nothing but the same love they show their own--just because I support the U. That to me, is enough. If it's not enough for you, then I don't have to justify it to you, and you wouldn't understand it anyways.

    I may not be a player or an alumnus, but I am for damn sure a Cane, and if you don't understand that--well, there's plenty of other Canes that do understand it--and that's what matters to me.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All that aside, the moral of what I was trying to say is you jumped sup-rbeast for being one sided to the SEC, when you word things as if you honestly think you were apart of the Miami team...Come on now, that ain't clownin, thats just a crazy accusation... </div></div>

    sup-rbeast will even tell you he's an SEC homer. Love the dude as a poster--he knew that was a jab at him for something he's known for, and I don't think that "angered" him. He'll go overboard to defend the SEC in any way at all. It's not a bad thing, but it did explain his reaction to me talking about the SEC officials blowing a call for one of their golden children in UF...so I called him on it.

    Besides--what personal & binding ties do you have to the Red Sux or Clemple anyways? Play for either one? Work for the Sawx organization or take classes at Clemson? I'd guess not...it's possible the classes at Clemson, but the rest--no.

    Speaking of pot/kettle.... </div></div>

    speaking of the pot kettle what????
    I'm not the one saying everyone else is only looking at one side???? You said suprbeast was being one sided for the SEC, all I was saying is ..... And your not one sided????

    your the biggest one sider on here, luv ya as a poster, but if it involves the canes, you only see it one way...

    As for the alumni or player thing, i can choose to disagree, that is just an opinion thing, its no fact in stone or nothin...No I don't think Beast has the same "We" feeling as Peyton Manning when talking about the Vols, even though he has a big UT tatt on his leg...But that being said, I dont even feal that Peyton went down to UCLA last week, so he shouldn't say "WE" got beat, it is UT got beat....Just an opinion, no right or wrong way to see it, just shows how far one might be one sided towards something..
    Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
    [img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]





  8. #88
    Inactive Member imported_MOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 2002
    Posts
    1,099
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    just as he does with Duke come basketball season
    "Why so serious?"

  9. #89
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    Just for the record: I SAID FROM THE BEGINNING THE CALL WAS WRONG BUT ALSO THAT IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE IN THE OUTCOME...lol...and it wouldn't have if Miami had stiffened and made em kick.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  10. #90
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Miami-Florida game thread

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MOX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just as he does with Duke come basketball season</div></div>

    And you with UNC if memory serves...I could be wrong, since there's a lot of UT/UNC fans VT/UK fans...etc...lots of different combinations that people like, especially in this area where there's not a REALLY close (i.e.--1/2 - 1 hour away) natural BCS-type team to like in any sport...ETSU being the closest school to any of us that competes D1 in at least 1 sport (basketball).

    I really enjoy Duke basketball and Coach K, but not nearly as much as I enjoy Miami in every other sport. And when it's not against Duke, I root for Miami on the bball court.
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •